💡: Talk-to-Text speech dictation is a great efficiency tool supported by the Aclaimant platform on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Voice dictation makes it faster and easier to complete forms and supports expanded accessibility needs for people who have challenges with typing.
- Any "text box" on a form can use this feature to allow you to speak and automatically have your voice translated and entered into the form as text.
This article will show you how to:
- Enable this feature of your device
- How to use this feature within the Aclaimant platform.
How to Enable Talk-to-Text
- Go to Settings > General Management > Language and input.
- Select On-screen keyboard or Virtual keyboard
- If presented, select Manage Keyboards, then perform one of the following as appropriate:
- Select Google voice typing to turn on or off.
- Select <device name> keyboard then tap the Google voice typing key switch to turn on or off.
- Once turned on, select any text field in the Aclaimant app and look for the microphone icon in the keyboard that appears.
- Press the microphone icon to start dictating speech to text.
Apple iOS device:
- Go to Settings > General
- Then click Keyboard.
- Click the switch to Enable Dictation.
Enable on Desktop:
- Follow these directions to enable dictation on PC/Windows 10.
- Once enabled, select a text field and press the Windows logo key + H to open the dictation toolbar.
- Start speaking and when you are finished say "stop dictation".
- Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Dictation
- Turn on dictation & select a shortcut of your choice.
- Once enabled, select a text field and press the shortcut key you assigned to open the dictation tool.
- Start speaking and the words will appear in the text field.
- Press Done when finished (see screenshot below).
How to use this feature within the Aclaimant platform:
- Click into any text box you want to enter information.
- Once dictation is enabled, a microphone icon should appear in the key board as shown below.
- Click the microphone and start speaking.
- Once you click the microphone and start speaking, the text box will populate with your speech.
- When you are finished speaking, press Done.